Monday, March 31, 2008

Una macchia per Natalie

Natalie Dessay as Lady Macbeth (obviously)

Natalie Dessay has sung Lady Macbeth and Norma.
Many times.

No, i haven't gone bananas, i read it in a very serious newspaper:

In the article/interview by Mercedes Cerviño (Agencia EFE) published on the 29th of March @ EL PAIS digital (one of Spain's major newspapers) and many other media
with the title
"Dessay: Vivo en un mar dudas, algunas me ayudan, pero otras me destruyen"
(transl. Dessay: I live in a sea of doubts , some help me, others destroy me)
it is said:
".... con las heroinas que le han dado fama. La Manon de Massenet, la Ofelia del Hamlet de Ambroise Thomas, la Lucia di Lammermoor de Donizetti, la Lady Macbeth de Verdi o la Norma de Bellini."
(with the heroines that gave her fame: i think the rest is easy for all to understand...)

The journalist goes on saying that all these heroines are gonna be present at her first recital at the Teatro Real (that took place last night).
Let's see what's on the program:
Manon blah blah blah, Norma ouverture, Lucia blah blah blah, Macbeth Act III ballet...

Now, please, somebody explain me....

I' m a journalist,
i write for a major newspaper-news agency
i have to write an article about a major artist,
i know nothing about her,
i don't wanna learn anything about her,
i don't have time to google her,
i hate opera,
i hate french divas,
i have to fill my 500 words limit,
i have to pick-up the kids from school,
the newspaper-agency doesn't have an internet connection
etc.

Was that the series of events?

UPDATE
Natalie Dessay at the Teatro Real de Madrid, singing Lady Macbeth i suppose...

9 comments:

Teresa G. said...

Uy, la veo como más redondita ¿no? ¿le habrá cambiado el carácter, también?

mahler76 said...

ΧΑΧΑΧΑΧΑΧΑΧΑ και να φανταστείς πως ο κύριος πληρώθηκε για αυτή του τη "δουλειά"!!!!

Willym said...

I'm going with: I'm not really a journalist but I slept with the editor who gave me the job because I threatened to tell his wife.

Soula said...

Καλέ ο Χριστός κι η μάνα του!!!

Άντε μετά τη Norma και τη Macbeth με το καλό και στη Eurovision η Natalie μας...

Δεν πάμε καλά...

Parsifal said...

"I'm not really a journalist but I slept with the editor who gave me the job because I threatened to tell his wife" hehehehe. Willym seems to have the right answer. Always.

Carlos said...

Jajajaja ;) La ignorancia acostumbra a ser muy atrevida y al parecer hay un buen número de periodistas que se atreven con lo que sea.

Anonymous said...

Did any one happen to go to the concert? What did she sing? Did she sing with Laurent Naouri?

Parsifal said...

No, she didnt sing with Laurent Naouri. She sang the following:

Manon - Je marche sur rous les chemins

Franck - Le chausseur maudit

Hamlet - A vos jeux

Lucia - Il dolce suono...Spargi d amaro pianto

La Traviata - E strano - Sempre libera

Encore: Boheme-Quando m'en vo
And something from Lakme that nobody so far has identified.

Find the complete program here

http://bp3.blogger.com/_zq7eDPAMIOA/R_AHzAJlBOI/AAAAAAAADCk/_OShM2YyOPc/s1600-h/Dessay.jpg

Gonzalo Tello said...

haha! la ignorancia es atrevida...una de mis frases mas usadas ultimamente, sobre despeus de ver como la prensa en peru habla sobre el Rigoletto de JDF. Verguenza ajena.