Sunday, March 21, 2010

Myrtó Papatanasiu on the Dessí incident et alia

(Click to enlarge)

Myrtó Papatanasiu returns to her patria for a Concert with the Budapest Symphony Orchestra under Ivan Fischer that will take place on March the 23rd at the Athens Megaron, Beethoven's 6th being the starter and the 9th being the main course. Tickets sold like hot cakes and the performance was sold-out since Day 1, fortunately Parsi will be there for Myrtó and Mo. Fischer but also for mezzo-soprano Kelley O'Connor, tenor Jorma Silvasti and bass Kristinn Sigmundsson.

Myrtó Papatanasiu was interviewed for the Sunday edition of the daily newspaper To Vima, and among other things, she testified her point of view on the Frengo-Dessí incident a couple of months ago at the Teatro dell´Opera di Roma:

"I don't think I have anything to say. I had a great success in every aspect and that's all. It's something that at the same time was and was not of my concern"

And on things she loves:

"My partner, my family, my nephew, my friends, travelling, taking excursions, the sea, some jogging. And music of course. I can listen to everything when not at work: jazz, Hadjidakis, Freddie Mercury, Amy Winehouse."

Full interview HERE

No comments: